Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Friday 33 weeks 6 days

I was at home on bed rest while Robert was boiling shrimp, potatoes, corn, and sausage for the March Madness games. I was feeling really crummy.

Then my Dr's office called to confirm my appt on Monday. I let them know how I was feeling - they were going to have a nurse call me. About then they called back and I explained my symptoms. They said to come in right away.

Okay well I go in and Dr Vandale says my cervix is good but they are having difficulty keeping Baby B's heartrate on the monitor.They tell me to go to the hospital for monitoring.So my cramps continue, but not contractions.I get there and all the beds are full - finally they make room for me and get me hooked up and right before they are going to let me leave the contractions began.

Wow they were bad! They got to be 3 minutes apart and they gave me a shot of the terbuterline. Then the contractions go to every 2 minutes. They come in and warn me that the babies will be born today - that the contactions are not stopping.I went into COMPLETE PANIC MODE!!! I kept telling them that they could not come because I was only 33w6d. They would not let me eat and and I was hurting.

Robert finally got there (because we had like 10 people over for a Shirmp Boil for March Maddness). I did not care because all I was doing was laying on the couch!We signed all of the paperwork and they were discussing issues that 33 weekers can have.Then they gave me pain meds and the contractions slowed down. I sent my hubby home and then took more pain meds and ambien.

The contractions came to a dead halt!The babies look good and my cervix looks good! I am now taking Procardia 20 mg every 6 hours. I am soooo worn out! I am going to eat left over shrimp, corn, potatoes, and sausage! I am greatful to be home.Oh - I also have some swelling, had +1 protein in my urine, my bp was a little higher, and I gained 5 pounds in 4 days!We are temporarily scheduling the C-section for 4/4 - I will be 36 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment