Sunday, March 28, 2010

WOW!

About this time last year - I was being prepped for the C-section. I was visiting with friends and family before the twins were born.

We had their birthday party last weekend and had a nice time. The weather was really crummy but we still had 50+ people here to enjoy the celebration.

For their birthday, I had a vision and wanted this "perfect cake" - of course when I went and picked it up, it was wrong. It looked okay but it was not the one that I had envisioned.

So last night and today, I lost my mind - I decided to make the babies their real birthday cake - from scratch! Not just a cake or cupcakes - but cute little made from scratch cake inside ice cream cones. They were cooking and they began to overflow in the oven. Finally they were finished and they tasted a bit 'off". Then I cooked the remaining batter in a regular cake pan and it too spilled everywhere! Robert and I decided that this year's cakes were just jinxed. We tasted the done part (that had splashed in the oven) and it tasted - off

He decided that I should make another and this time he would help me watch the twins. He began to help me analyze where the mistake was made. Well obviously I was not paying too much attention. I used baking soda instead of baking powder! HUGE DIFFERENCE!

The cake stayed in the pan! We have not tasted it yet, so only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment